Intafast provide many of our customers with patched fasteners to suit their requirements. We supply fasteners with a Nylok® Tuf-lok® blue patch and work with our UK licensed Nylok® Tuf-lok® partner on all patching processes.
Please see below some useful information with regards to the patching process.
Nylok® Blue Patch (Tuf-Lok®) Torq-Patch®
NYLOK® blue patch TORQ-PATCH® is a self-locking element comprised of nylon permanently bonded onto the threads of a fastener. When the NYLOK® blue patch TORQ-PATCH® is engaged, it creates a wedge between the fastener and mating part compressing the nylon and creating metal to metal contact opposite the patch. This metal to metal contact results in a positive resistance to vibration and loosening. Since nylon has great memory characteristics, this locking element can be reused several times.
- Exceptional vibration resistance
- Resistant to lubricants, fuel, hydraulic fluids and most commercial solvents
- Can be applied to any size or thread configuration of a fastener Bonds to a broad range of fastener finishes
- Complies with or exceeds IFI, DIN and major OEM specifications
- Provides a seal for threads
- Parts are ready for assembly
- Precise thread coverage on every part
- Can be applied on external and internal threaded fasteners
- Is not affected by high humidity conditions
- Environmentally friendly/non-toxic
- 180° (standard) or 360° (optional) radial coverage
- Torque can be adjusted to meet specific applications
- Cost effective
- No metal removal to reduce fastener strength or performance
For more information please visit NYLOK®
Technical Data — NYLOK® Blue Patch TORQ-PATCH®
- Colour — blue
- Shelf-Life indefinite
- Dry Wedge — immediate locking
- Temperature Range -56°C (-70°F) to +121°C (+250°F)
- NYLOK® blue patch is also referred to asTUF-LOK®
Typical Performance Results (M10 plain finish – IFI 524)
- Prevailing-On Torque 5.0 –10.0 Nm
- First Removal Prevailing-Off Torque (without preload) min. 2.5 – 5.0 Nm
- Fifth Removal Prevailing-Off Torque min. 1.8 – 2.8 Nm
Under-the-Head Sealant (Resistant to Automotive Fluids)
Nyseal® is a great gasket alternative, creating a gasket-type seal, preventing leakage of fluids and gases under pressure. The coating is permanently fused on the bearing surface of the fastener. As the screw is seated to its final position against the mating part, the Nyseal® element compresses slightly and fills the void between the bearing surface of the head and the counter sink/counter bore.
- Eliminates time-consuming, in-house applications of O-rings, gasket seals and sealant compounds
- Permanently bonded to the bearing surface
- Eliminates the leak path
- Prevents galvanic corrosion between dissimilar materials
- Highly durable
- Will not shrink or dry out from age
- Screw strength is unaffected
- Assembly ready
*If there is a certain patching process you can’t see then please call 01323 502374 and speak to one of our sales team who would be happy to help.